Friday Fun: 6 World Oceans Day Infographics for a Healthy Dose of Reality
To keep the spirit of World Oceans Day alive, we decided to dedicate our Friday Fun post to some much needed water facts. Water is something that most of us take for granted but did you know that less than 1% of the world’s water is fit for human consumption? If humanity continues down the path of an unsustainable future, it’s very likely we might also face a chronic water crisis. That’s a scary fact.
There are simple things we can do to minimize our footprint and make our lives (and the ocean) healthier. Make sure to use reusable, eco friendly shopping bags instead of plastic. Use reusable water bottles and stay away from personal care products that contain micro beads. Use Fishwatch.gov when selecting seafood for consumption and be mindful when visiting beaches this summer. There’s lots you can do to make a difference, it just takes a commitment. We scoured the internet to find some interesting and eye opening facts about water consumption and our world’s oceans. Sometimes a healthy dose of reality is what we all need now and then to stay committed to our planet earth.
Here are some World Oceans Day inspired infographics to help keep you motivated. Here we go!
- A breakdown of how dependent we actually are on our world’s oceans.
- Let’s break down how our fresh water is impacted.
- Wait.. What?
- Here’s a look at what it takes to feed us.
- How pollution is impacting our coral reefs
- Here are some ways you can help preserve our oceans and our clean water systems.
- The coolest movement since the ALS challenge! Take the Wave of Change