The 22 Phases of Getting Fit for Summer
Tis the season when your local gym suddenly bursts at the seams with new member trying to get fit for summer. Whether you are a year round gym bunny or find yourself staring down at a year’s worth of too many frappuccinos, we can all admit that we feel the pressure to squish ourselves into the impending doom that is swimsuit season. Well, folks, you’re not alone. We’ve all been here a thousand times and yet that teeny weenie bikini looms right over our heads once more. If you’re like us, the process can be somewhat, well, interesting. It might take some time but you eventually find your groove. Here’s a list of phases many of us will face when getting fit for summer.
1) When someone says, “Let’s work out before work!”
2) When your coworkers are more motivated than you are.
3) How you think you look when you take a Zumba class. YAAAAS Queen.
4) How you actually look taking a Zumba class…
5) When you attempted to save yourself some humiliation by signing up for a personal training session.
7) … yeah.
8) When you can’t keep it real, even with your work out equipment.
9) Perhaps a far better use for the treadmill.
10) When your coworkers wanna go hard 4 days in a row and you’re trying to find an excuse to bail out.
11) When you do 10 reps with 3 pound weights like a boss.
12) When your jam comes on.
13) Your inner battle when someone asks if you wanna grab a beer after you just spent 2 hours on the mountain climber.
15) Never mind, just do more of these.
16) And these…
17) And these…
19) Getting fit for summer is hard work.
20) And painful.
21) But after all of that hard work there’s nothing wrong with a little ice cream, right?