Business Gift : Great Business Gifts That Make Business Sense by Jessica Hodges
Small gifts or tokens can be an effective way to say thanks for the extra effort, to apologize for a mistake or oversight, to celebrate the completion of a big project, or to acknowledge a promotion or special award.
While any thoughtful gift will generally be appreciated, it makes good business sense to give a gift that can be used repeatedly by the recipient during the year. That way, it serves a constant reminder of the person or company who gave it.
Business Gift Guidelines
- Writing instruments
- Business cases and pad holders
- Picture frames
- Gift certificates
- Food stuff (candy, popcorn, fruit baskets)
- Charitable donations
- Desk clock, thermometer, paperweight
Things to Avoid
- Personal items like clothing, fragrances.
- Anything that might be misunderstood as romantic (like flowers)
- It’s always wise to check first whether the company has a no-gift policy. If they do, a card or handwritten note will do.
- Expensive gifts that might be mistaken as a bribe
- Joke type gifts