Great Business Gifts that Make Business Sense
Small gifts or tokens at work can be an effective way to say thanks for the extra effort, to apologize for a mistake or oversight, to celebrate the completion of a big project, and/or to acknowledge a promotion or special award. While any thoughtful gift will generally be appreciated, it makes good business sense to give a gift that can be used repeatedly by the recipient during the year. That way, it serves a constant reminder of the person or company who gave it. Need some ideas for the perfect gift? Check out these simple business gifts that make business sense!
Business Gift Guidelines
- Writing instruments
- Business cases and pad holders
- Picture frames
- Gift certificates
- Food stuff (candy, popcorn, fruit baskets)
- Charitable donations
- Desk clock, thermometer, paperweight
Things to Avoid
- Personal items like clothing, fragrances.
- Anything that might be misunderstood as romantic (like flowers)
- It’s always wise to check first whether the company has a no-gift policy. If they do, a card or handwritten note will do.
- Expensive gifts that might be mistaken as a bribe
- Joke type gifts
In terms of a great gift, always think about it’s relevancy to the person as well. It’s hard to go wrong with office supplies, because they serve a useful purpose. But to take your gift to the next level, you may also want to try some unique customizations! If you know the giftee very well, adding a personal touch (ie. the name of their favorite basketball team, their favorite dog breed type, and etc.) to the gift is also a great idea. Remember, in the end- it’s the thought that counts.