Win an HSM Shredder: Make Recycled Packaging! by Jessica Hodges
April is Environmental Awareness month and to celebrate we’re hosting “green” giveaways all month long! Many of the brands we carry have become more environmentally responsible in the last few years – using more recycled content to create their products, making biodegradable products, and coming up with green ways to use their products!Our first green giveaway is sponsored by HSM! We’re giving away (2) HSM 80.2 Cross Cut Compact Shredder! Here are some highlights:
- Automatic start/stop control.
- Standby operation without power consumption.
- Working width is 9”.
- Crosscut models can cut up to approximately 5 sheets per run;Rocker switch for on/off and reverse.
- Hardened solid-steel cutting rollers can handle occasionalstandard paperclips or staples.
- Powerful drive for high performance; motor with protectedthermal fuse.
- Runs quietly.
- The tried-and-tested closed-tooth wheel drive preventspenetration of dirt and slows wear, increasing the service life.
So why does this shredder fall under green office supplies? Because you can create recycled packaging for shipping boxes and presents! You can stick anything from newspaper and bright colored paper to magazine pages and wrapping paper. It’s not recommended that you use bills or any papers containing personal information (although with a cross-cut shredder your info should be pretty chopped up.) Read more tips and tricks here.
Also, learn how to use shredder paper for compost (there are so many uses for this stuff!)Here’s how to win it:1. Follow @shoplet on twitter or subscribe to our blog2. Tweet your environmental goal for the month of April along with the tags #hsm and #green(Example Tweet: @shoplet I want to start a compost pile in my backyard! #hsm #green)ORComment on our blog with your environmental goal.3. Watch and wait to see your name announced April 12th!Let’s all make the goal to treat planet earth a little nicer this month! Choose Recycled Office Supplies.P.S. See last year’s post about shredding cardboard with an HSM Shredder
UPDATE: Congrats @Doodle741 and Tracy P – our shredder winners!