6 Tips for Social Media Success
Aaaah, social media…. It’s a conversation that many businesses sometimes dread. Many old schoolers feel that social media isn’t a lucrative way to spend your precious time promoting your business. Some simply don’t know how it works and how to best harness each platform to their advantage. Well, we are bringing you the 411 on the most important things to know when using social media for business, especially if you’re a newb!
1) Know your peak posting times: These can vary based on the platforms in which you are active. Make sure to avoid the dead zones so that your posts get the visibility that you are looking for.
2) Create content with sharing in mind: Is your post something your fans want to see? Or are you drowning them in sales pitches? We know that creating content that is engaging and shareable is easier said than done. Remember that you are the master in your field. Share your knowledge and experience with your followers. Offer new ways to use your product, your expertise or share follower exclusive discounts and offers. Make sure followers are getting something out of becoming a fan of your business pages.
3) Use images to tell a story: Why? Because using images can increase engagement on social media by nearly 37% as opposed to posts without. We think that’s compelling enough.
4) Use Analytics: Ok, so your posting to Facebook. Now what? How do you know what types of posts are most interesting to your followers? Many of the major social platforms such as Facebook and Twitter come equipped with integrated analytics, so you can map your progress. Learn which posts generate the most engagement, shares and likes, so you can plan for the future.
5) Reply to comments: Yes this takes time and we know it’s already difficult to find time in your busy day to create your spectacular posts. But trust us, it’s worth it. No one likes a one sided relationship and that includes your followers. If someone takes the time to like or comment on a post, take the time to comment back or share something of theirs. Unlike advertising, social media is a 2 way dialogue between customer and business. Don’t make your customers feel like they are talking into the void.
6) Bitly is your friend.: Create a free account and use this link shortening tool to track how many of your followers are clicking on the links you are including in your posts. It’s a fast way to gauge who is interacting with your link and not just your post.