Tips for How to Pack an Interesting School Lunch by Jessica Hodges
This year is about being creative! Follow these tips to turn a boring lunch into a fun meal your kids will enjoy.
1) Get colorful: Your kids might be more interested in eating healthy foods if they look pretty! Pick colors that pop and make healthy eating look like fun
2) Get creative with shapes: Use cookie cutters to carve out fun shapes in your kids’ peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!
3) Goofiness is key: Kids love skewers! It makes lunchtime more “fun.” Take toothpicks and stack cheeses, fruits, even grapes or tomatoes.
4) Stick to variety: Pack three different types of food every day. Veggies, fruits, proteins, and legumes are essentials to a healthy and happy lunch!
5) Most importantly: Include a treat! Children love sweets, but make sure to keep the sweets at least a little nutritious! Great options are home baked goods, like banana bread or carrot cake…even rice crispy treats made with cocoa and peanut butter can brighten up a kid’s lunch!