9 Working Parent Struggles Anyone Can Relate To
This Friday, we celebrate a little known holiday that definitely deserves much more attention than it gets. Parents Day! Every single day, parents across the globe grapple with their kids to get them to school or daycare on time so they can provide for their families by bringing home the bacon. It’s not easy being a working parent. Many parents work incredibly hard in order to ensure their kids have basic necessities and even some luxuries like vacations or expensive gadgets. All in the effort to create lasting memories and provide their children with as many advantages as they can. We asked some of our own staffers to share their funny parenting moments or meltdowns when having to get around with kids in tow. Here’s a few of our favorite snippets and we have to say, they’re pretty hilarious!
1) Heading back to work after maternity leave and trying to stay ahead of your newly unruly.. ahem… “girls”.
2) Those dreaded mommy emails that immediately launch your soul into a heaping pile of guilt.
3) Trying to figure out a way to leave work early to meet with your child’s teacher. Because your precious baby drew this when asked what his mommy does for work.
4) What your commute to work used to look like…
And what you have spiraled into due to your lovely little ones.
5) When you child’s school declares a snow day and you still have to go to work.
6) A perfect depiction of what it feels like when you’re stuck in a 3 hour meeting you didn’t plan for when you desperately need to pump.
7) What it feels like when paying for your child’s daycare.
9) But it’s all worth it because that awkwardly deranged little bundle of joy is, well, YOURS!